Re: that 4byte ASN you were considering...

  • From: David W. Hankins
  • Date: Tue Oct 10 16:43:47 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 02:53:53PM -0500, Joe Abley wrote:
> On 10-Oct-2006, at 12:01, David W. Hankins wrote:
> >But it's just /weird/ to ask the IETF to have this kind of
> >role...one it has never had to my memory, and seeks constantly
> >not to fulfill.
>
> It's not so weird when you realise that the notation adopted has an
> impact on other IETF work (RPSL is the obvious example that springs
> to mind).

I think you misunderstand me...

It's not weird that this document exists.

It is weird, to me, that people who have concerns about their
router's configuration syntax expect to be able to take this up
with the IETF, rather than their router manufacturer.

--
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DDNS & DHCP.  Email [email protected]