RE: ICANN ordered by Illinois court to suspend spamhaus.org

  • From: Barry J. Featherstone
  • Date: Sat Oct 07 08:36:57 2006

On 07 October 2006 12:02 Steve Linford wrote:

While it's OK to discuss the issue of a U.S. court ordering ICANN to suspend
domains of foreign organizations, please would NANOG refrain from threads
making legal assumptions based on this particular case or comments otherwise
giving the spammers ideas on how to get better orders from U.S. courts.

IMHO at this point the subject is off-topic, especially given the way some
members of this forum continually seek to give unqaulified legal advice.

Yes, the FINAL ruling will presumably have legal impications for both
spamhaus and ISP's who use their lists, BUT, until all litigation in this
case is settled, speculation and comment will NOT help.

Pesonally speaking I know which I would prefer.. To see Spamahaus continue
its effective and much needed work in helping to limit the impact of major
spam sources.

Barry.
Director
Euhosts.net

http://www.euhosts.net

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please
inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you
for your co-operation.

Please check for viruses before accessing this email and any attachments.
Except as required by law, we shall not be responsible for any damage, loss
or liability of any kind suffered in connection with this
email and any attachments, or which may result from reliance on the
contents of this email and any attachments.