Re: [Fwd: Important ICANN Notice Regarding Your Domain Name(s)]

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Wed Oct 04 23:16:18 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Brandon Butterworth wrote:

> > ICANN *does* have a requirement for accurate information in WHOIS
>
> > That's the reason for those notifications.
>
> I've found the ones that need updating often don't reach the recipient
> because their details are incorrect.

Sure - but that's not something the registrar can control.

> The rest are just spam (we have several 1000 domains...).

several *thousand*???

Wow.

Well, as a registrar that could be fixed by culling a list of email
addresses from your domains' admin contact records, and just eliminating
duplicates. I'm surprised that (apparently) some registrars don't do that.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.