Re: [Fwd: Important ICANN Notice Regarding Your Domain Name(s)]

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Wed Oct 04 20:08:49 2006

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

I receive these sorts-of notices from our OpenSRS-based registrar
numerous times a year (usually once a month, for multiple domains).
It may have something to do with the fact that I refuse to comply
with ICANN's mandatory regulation demanding legitimate public
contact information in WHOIS records.
This reason is almost guaranteed. I'd been watching this thread with some mild curiosity, since I have never received such a notification, for any domain. All my data is accurate (nothing is hidden, everything is there). Interesting. I had no idea that anyone ever really checked, or cared, but apparently they do.

--
In April 1951, Galaxy published C.M. Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons".
The intervening years have proven Kornbluth right.