Re: AOL Non-Lameness

  • From: Joseph S D Yao
  • Date: Mon Oct 02 18:33:27 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 11:53:56PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Drew the attention of a friend at AOL to this and got a reply quoted
> below - this was apparently an issue at AOL's end. Thanks to AOL for
> quickly acting to fix this.
>
> I've been asked by my friend to post this below
>
> srs
>
> [quote]
>
> We found a problem with the way URL's were being identified and have
> undergone steps to correct it.  In the interim, the rule change has
> been backed out pending further testing.  Thanks to all on the list.
>
> [unquote]

All, this seems seriously NON-lame to me.  Of course, testing and fixing
the bug before it was put out there would have been less so.  But think
of this!  A large company has actually admitted that it was wrong and
backed out a problem!  Isn't this what everyone always complains SHOULD
be done?  ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

Me, I'm always doing it, but that's just 'cause I have to.  ;-)

--
Joe Yao