Re: Anyone from state of illinois or ATT on list?

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Thu Sep 28 05:33:12 2006

>     One of the state of illinois' servers is attempting to breach
> security in our network and their arin abuse contact doesnt exist.

Then contact their upstream network provider.

If someone doesn't publish an abuse contact in
the normal way, it generally means that there is
nobody competent available to be contacted.

You don't really know that it is a state of Illinois
server. All you can tell from network diagnostic
tools is that the traffic appears to originate
from ISP X who provides Internet access to the
state of Illinois. Make them responsible for
their traffic.

--Michael Dillon