Re: [da] news: Trend Micro launches anti-botnet service

  • From: brett watson
  • Date: Tue Sep 26 02:38:23 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 9:04 PM, Jeff Kell wrote:

Well, a prefix hijack either means a router has been pwned, as I suggested,
or a router is (as Governor Tarkin put it) "far too trusting" of its peers.

And anyhow, I was speaking of BGP flaps in the context of botnets - has anybody
seen an in-the-wild botnet that played BGP games?
No, but playing some BGP games could certainly help to *mitigate* them.
Turn the C&C list into a community. I've thrown the idea around several
times but can't get any takers...
been there, tried that:

http://www.mainnerve.com/security/darknet.html

-b