Re: tech support being flooded due to IE 0day

  • From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain
  • Date: Fri Sep 22 10:36:51 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:11:20 +0100
[email protected] wrote:
> Or perhaps BGP engineering hasn't changed in so many years
> that it is now more than adequately covered by books,
> certificate courses, and internal sharing of expertise.
> Lists are good for things that are new or confusing or
> difficult. BGP no longer fits into those categories.

In other words, this should be a focussed, low volume list.

> > and (d) some of
> > the folks lurking here actually tell me that they benefit from gadi's
> stuff.
>
> And, no doubt, they tell Gadi too which is why he
> continues to post on this list and does not seem to
> be wounded by the flaming arrows sent his way.

In other words, the some people think that the goal of a mailing list
should be to keep a minimum volume of email going through it rather
than keeping it focussed and useful.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <[email protected]>         |  Democracy is three wolves