Re: Lucent GBE (4 x VC4) clues needed

  • From: Saku Ytti
  • Date: Thu Sep 21 14:04:30 2006

On (2006-09-21 18:49 +0100), Sam Stickland wrote:

> Did you try power cycling the Lucents after changing the auto-neg
> settings? I've seen some broken autoneg implementations in the past on
> managed media converters that didn't change settings immediately. It's
> worth a shot as you seem to be all out of other ideas ;)

I brought the adjacent ports in IP gear down and up. We could verify
from management interface to the lucent that autonegotiation wasn't
performed after down/up, while we could observe before down/up that
autonegotiation was marked being done even though we had configure
cisoc interfaces as 'force-up'. So clearly it needed to see link
down/up.
We didn't powercycle lucent, as it would mean bringing down tens
of 10G waves. But taking the GBE module out/in would have been
option (three countries are involved, so bit inconvenient, but
possible). Country A - Country B is one lucent leg.
Country B - Country C is another lucent leg.

Anyhow thanks for the thoughts, any help I can get is much
appreciated :). Of course we have full support agreement
to both vendors, which we probably have to try sooner
or later, but it'll be long battle on who's problem it
really is.

--
  ++ytti