Re: Removal of my name

  • From: Joseph S D Yao
  • Date: Wed Sep 20 14:49:30 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 11:14:27AM -0700, Bill Woodcock wrote:

>       On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 [email protected] wrote:
>     > 	something in HTML that i can not parse...
>     > 	care to repost in a format that is readable?
>
> Bill, it's really time for you to upgrade from UCB Mail to Pine.  Those of
> us who've gotten with the program and upgraded to 1990's software get all
> the nasty <tag> things stripped out automatically!
>
>                                 -Bill

It was tagged as text/html, but 'mutt' will usually pass such things off
to my Web browser, and it didn't.  Not sure why not.  But when I forced
the issue, it passed it to the Web browser - and I still saw the raw
HTML.  I'm not sure what the problem was.  Another Web browser did
translate the page.

IOW, some recent programs will not be as generous as accepting
problematic input as others, and some recent programs unfortunately
still produce problematic output.

--
Joe Yao