Re: Zimbabwe satellite service shutdown for non-payment

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Tue Sep 19 03:42:09 2006

Gadi Evron wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Sean Donelan wrote:

Intelsat has shutdown the primary satellite link for Zimbabwe's state communications company for non-payment, which has affected most of the ISPs in the country.

I can't really blame them. I doubt the Internet is considered critical
infrastructure over there yet, and I doubt Intelsat would care... but this
is interesting in the sense that even if you can't fault intelsat in any
way... Intelsat, Inmarsat, etc. run quite a bit, and if it's a
"country" that gets disconnected, that is a problem even if it's not
"their" problem.

	Gadi.
http://www.itu.int/africainternet2000/countryreports/zwe_e.htm

http://www.comone.co.zw/
http://www.telone.co.zw

% Information related to '194.133.122.0 - 194.133.122.255'

inetnum:        194.133.122.0 - 194.133.122.255
netname:        TelOne-BLK01
descr:          TelOne (formerly ZPTC)
country:        ZW

The nameservers and internet sites can be seen here (europe)
but they are slow.

Kind regards
Peter and Karin

--