Re: IPv6 PI block is announced - update your filters 2620:0000::/23

  • From: Bill Stewart
  • Date: Sat Sep 16 01:54:45 2006

Call me naive, but could somebody enlighten me as to what tangible
benefit filtering out bogon space actually achieves? It strikes me
that it causes more headaches than it solves.
All packets arriving from bogon space have the "evil bit" set.
There's nobody there you want to talk to, and there's nobody there
that your users really want to talk to, even if they got the address from
some "legitimate" source like the DNS server for examplebank.com.

IPv6 bogons aren't likely to be spammers, because there's not enough
critical mass there yet to make it worthwhile, but that just means that the
greedy6 bit hasn't been implemented widely, and that'll eventually get fixed.

--
----
            Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.