Re: ARIN sucks? was Re: Kremen's Buddy?

  • From: virendra rode //
  • Date: Thu Sep 14 11:45:16 2006

Alain Hebert wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>    All our experiences consulting our clients about how to get their AS
> and Subnets have been pretty easy and fast.
>
>    First get enought IP from 2 Peer to justify at least a /21;
>
>    Now that you have 2 Peer, request the AS and a Subnet from ARIN;
>
>    Take a day or 2 to prepare the paperwork;
>
>    Submit it in the right sequence to ARIN;
>
>    And LISTEN to your ARIN rep, they know how the procedure must be done
> and will help your get it done correctly.
>
>    Simple really.
- --------------------------
I'm in the process of obtaining PI & ASN for my customer. Looking at
ARIN's template, it appears to be pretty straight forward.

1. POC
2. ORG ID
3. AS Number
4. End-User Network Request (/22)

Provided there aren't any issues with the filings, this entire process
shouldn't take more than 1 week tops.

regards,
/virendra