Re: [Fwd: Kremen VS Arin Antitrust Lawsuit - Anyone have feedback?]

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Wed Sep 13 19:10:29 2006

Thus spake "Johnny Eriksson" <[email protected]>
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <[email protected]> wrote:
If we were still calling central and asking "Hi Mabel, can you put me
through to Doc," no one would give a rat's ass about phone number
portability.  Notice that no one is getting worked up about circuit
number portability.
... or street number portability.  Thanks $deity.
That's the canonical argument against address portability -- you can't take your street address with you when you move.

( I suppose now would be a bad time to point out I have a portable ZIP code: it's mine for life as long as I pay for the service it came with, no matter where I move. )