allocations from ARIN was Re: Kremen's Buddy?

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Wed Sep 13 16:36:53 2006

----- Original Message Follows -----
From: Richard A Steenbergen <[email protected]>

> Ever notice the only folks happy with the status quo are
> the few who have  already have an intimate knowledge of
> the ARIN allocation process, and/or  have the right
> political connections to resolve the "issues" that come up
> when dealing with them?
>
> Try looking at it from an outsider's point of view
> instead. If you're new  to dealing with ARIN, it is not
> uncommon to find the process is absolutely  baffling,
> frustrating, slow, expensive, and requiring intrusive
> disclosure  just shy of an anal cavity probe.

I am new to personally dealing with ARIN as of 1.5 years
ago.  I have had to get 5 seperate allocations in that time.
 I don't find this to be the case at all.  They were very
helpful and I was diligent in getting the things together
necessary for the allocations and in my responses.  It felt
to me like teamwork rather than me against them.

And, no, I didn't have to offer anyone free trips to Hawaii.
 ;-)

scott