Re: [Fwd: Kremen VS Arin Antitrust Lawsuit - Anyone have feedback?]

  • From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain
  • Date: Wed Sep 13 11:48:52 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 05:37:05 -0700
David Conrad <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm sure the same argument was used for telephone numbers when
> technical folk were arguing against number portability.

Oh come on.  You know perfectly well that phone numbers are not the
same as IP.  No one knows me by my IP address.  They know me by my
email address(es).  Heck, even I don't know my own IP address without
running ifconfig and I installed it and maintain the system.

If we were still calling central and asking "Hi Mabel, can you put me
through to Doc," no one would give a rat's ass about phone number
portability.  Notice that no one is getting worked up about circuit
number portability.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <[email protected]>         |  Democracy is three wolves