Re: [Fwd: RE: Kremen VS Arin Antitrust Lawsuit - Anyone have feedback?]

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Mon Sep 11 14:26:22 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Chris Jester wrote:

IP addresses appear to be property - - read http://news.findlaw.com/
hdocs/docs/cyberlaw/kremencohen72503opn.pdf.  Given that domain names
are property, IP addresses should be property, especially in
California where are constitution states "All things of value are
property"
Intrinsic or non-intrinsic value?  It's an important distinction.

Also, what about ARINS hardcore attitude making it near impossible
to aquire ip space, even when you justify it's use?  I have had
nightmares myself as well as MANY of my collegues share similar experiences.
I am having an issue right now with a UNIVERSITY in Mexico tryin to get
ip's from the mexican counterpart.
I worked for a large-ish ISP for over seven years and made multiple requests for IP space from ARIN in that time. My experience with this was not at all bad. I did not find it to be like pulling teeth to get the space. As long as the request documentation is in order, it was not too bad.

I disagree with the notion that IP addresses are property.

jms