Re: Data Center Wiring Standards

  • From: Netfortius
  • Date: Sat Sep 09 14:09:43 2006
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:reply-to:to:subject:date:user-agent:references:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:message-id; b=DPj7wUkqwHNc9JyaiPZFhbx4pYbK7uqGEiRraTgbOByHuMj2Vrs/2rUMu93AsTkHJ3ZgRnh986bsUW/rpdW/K4PYG1J8tLlU/3jc7cRc3za2HsrybivRE1UBXT41mmsq96YSoe/fdNwwO5hLi7fJZ9zCxzvdg1gnxX3gdX6bANc=

On Friday 08 September 2006 19:36, Rick Kunkel wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I hope this is on-topic.  I read the charter, and it falls somewhere along
> the fuzzy border I think...
>
> Can anyone tell me the standard way to deal with patch panels, racks...

As many have mentioned here, TIA/EIA-942 is a good starting point. There are a
couple of good Data Centers books out there, also (a visit to your local
Borders or B&N could allow for an interesting afternoon browsing). I have
personally had positive experience with some docs and advice from some folks
with expertise in cable management and data centers infrastructure:

http://www.panduit.com/enabling_technologies/091903.asp

HTH,
Stefan