Re: TCP receive window set to 0; DoS or not?

  • From: Robert E.Seastrom
  • Date: Fri Sep 08 09:15:05 2006

[email protected] writes:

> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Joshua Brewer wrote:
>
>> What about when we're seeing this on port 25?
>
> Sand worms.
>
> In all seriousness, your guess is as good as mine, at that point. If
> memory serves, the platforms we saw this on most, with web browsers, were
> mobile devices. What kind of volume are you seeing this in?

Since the error message is within a debug statement, it seems
appropriate to repeat the words of advice an old pilot friend of mine
once gave on making emergency landings at night in small aircraft:

"First, turn off your strobes and landing lights - you want to be able
to see well outside the aircraft.  Find a road.  Fly a normal
left-hand pattern, and as you turn base to final, turn your landing
lights back on.  If you don't like what you see, turn them back off
again."

                                        ---rob