Re: comast email issues, who else has them?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Wed Sep 06 20:14:30 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> Because Comcast's tools are broken and when other mail admins or even
> their own customers call them on it, they're not even competent enough
> to understand the complaint and refuse to escalate?

I hate to say this, and get involved in the melee, but... Perhaps the
problem is that for an average customer service employee there are 1000
calls about something meaningless and not-wrong and only 1 call about
something truly wrong? So escalating every problem that seems even half
baked isn't an option?

Perhaps some of the comcast folks reading might take a better/harder look
at their customer service tickets and do a 'better' job (note I'm not even
half of a comcast customer so I'm not sure that there even IS a
problem...) on this issue?

In general blaming the first level tech for something isn't going to get
anyone anywhere near a solution. Perhaps Sean's actually saying: "The
right tool is to use another provider?" even though Steven's thought is
that the 'other provider' is in the same boat of clue :(