Re: Spain was offline

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Mon Sep 04 21:29:28 2006

At 06:05 AM 9/4/2006, Daniel Karrenberg wrote:
On 01.09 13:47, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> I can't get a TLD zone? But back to the root servers. Are you
> agreering with me that if I announce F and I root's netblocks
> inside of my own network that everyone would be ok with that?
>
> C'mon Joe, straight answer on that one. :)

Straight answer: No.

Exercises:

Who is responsible if this set-up fails?

Who is responsible if it lies?

Who is likely to get blamed for any failures?
The burden is already on the provider. The providers
answer the call when these things break or perform badly.

Would this require explicit consent from all customers
subject to such treatment?

I don't think so. There's no guarantee that an
internal route facing a customer is "RIPE K ROOT".
Peers may feel differently, but I wouldn't advocate
exporting (unless they did and perhaps would pay me for
better access to the application). That's different.

[ snip ]

-M<

(thanks for operating K, it is one of the better ones from my
measurements but that's part of the problem now isn't it? Consistency
in some areas.)

--
Martin Hannigan (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation (w) 617-395-8574