Re: [NANOG] Cogent having problems

  • From: David Coulson
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 11:42:19 2006

Myke Lyons wrote:
> Update #1It appears that sometime on Wednesday that the problems were
> more widespread, as they had some latency problems up in New York as
> well, as reported by another reader.  However it appears that the
> problems had been resolved as of Thursday.  No report yet on if the
> problem at the Herndon, Virginia office has been resolved."

Cogent have been broken since Monday. They apparently lost an OC-192
with AT&T, making the rest of their network run like a dying dog. I was
seeing some crazy latency cross the North-East on Tuesday and Wednesday,
but it mostly cleared up yesterday - Tuesday was bad, so I had them
turned off all day from Monday ~8pm.

They've not yet called me back in response to my calls requesting a
credit, or a reasonable explanation why the run a degraded service for
four days.

David