Re: Spain was offline

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 00:56:18 2006

> * From: Sean Donelan
> * Date: Wed Aug 30 20:02:13 2006
>
>>On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Gunther Stammwitz wrote:
>>
>> Spain (at least the .es-part) was offline nobody reported it...?
>> What's going on? In the past you were faster...
>
>DNS operational problems were briefly discussed on the DNS operations
>mailing list earlier.

[email protected]> host ns1.nic.es
ns1.nic.es has address 194.69.254.1

[email protected]> host ns2.nic.es
ns2.nic.es has address 194.69.254.38

[email protected]> host www.nic.es
www.nic.es has address 194.69.254.54

[email protected]> host www.red.es
www.red.es is an alias for web.red.es.
web.red.es has address 194.69.254.50

No idea what happened, and I don't read spanish,
but the network configuration infers the registry(auth)
and the registrar(nic) are one in the same. No surprise in
the ccTLD. They are responsible for the uptime.

There is a comment period taking place related
to the ICANN IANA root zone checks. This made me think of it.

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-18aug06.htm

-M<

[ ObOffTopic: Maybe Paris Hilton can teach then about "separation"?]

--
Martin Hannigan (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation (w) 617-395-8574