Re: ICANN to remove fee restrictions on .INFO, .ORG, .BIZ?

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Mon Aug 28 20:29:30 2006

--On August 28, 2006 9:52:30 PM +0000 John Levine <[email protected]> wrote:

You're confusing registrars and registries.  Every TLD has a single
monopoly registry to which all registrars funnel the registrations.
Switching registrars wouldn't help.

AH! That's what I was missing now it makes sense. I wasn't thinking about it carefully enough. So yeah, decidedly bad juju. :/

I have a longer blog entry on this at http://weblog.johnlevine.com.

R's,
John

-- "Genius might be described as a supreme capacity for getting its possessors into trouble of all kinds." -- Samuel Butler