ICANN to remove fee restrictions on .INFO, .ORG, .BIZ?

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Mon Aug 28 16:57:50 2006

<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-28jul06.htm>

A bunch of people are calling the sky is falling, the sky is falling. I'm not so sure this is the case. What I'm interested in is if anyone is actually worried about this, or has heard about this, from within this community.

For those three TLDs it seems like there is little/less competition than for .COM so price increases could be significant. However I'm not sure this will result in the 'per domain auction' pricing that some people seem to be afraid will happen.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler