Re: Is it my imagination or are countless operations impacted today with mysql meltdowns

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sun Aug 27 15:40:32 2006

--On Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:28 PM -0700 Henry Linneweh <[email protected]> wrote:

peoples businesses on and I wanted to see how many other isp's were
affected and what their solutions  were in resolving the problem. That to
me is operational impact, since it affects customers on multiple networks.

It's not a network/router/BGP/infrastructure problem, though. It's an app problem. So while I don't know Mr. "Bush" and choose not to agree or disagree with him at this time, I'd argue that it might not be strictly on-topic. On the other hand, the information still might be of some use to many of thee people here.

**SJS (owie, straddling the fence *hurts*, maybe I should move now)

-- Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows Apple Valley, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.