Re: Is it my imagination or are countless operations impacted today with mysql meltdowns

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Sun Aug 27 00:15:20 2006

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 08:04:01AM +0930, Mark Smith wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:48:39 -0700 (PDT)
> Henry Linneweh <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Every where I go that uses MySql is hozed and I can not access the pages
> >
> > -Henry
>
> There seems to have been a big fault over there that is effecting us
> here in .AU. According to our local upstream it's a GLX fault, and by
> it's duration, it seems to have been a big one - I was told about it
> more than 12 hours ago. Examples of sites customers are having trouble
> accessing are :

I think you're referring to an issue of blackholed packets between GX
(3549) and Singtel (7473) in LA, for packets going to Optus (4804) (which
for some reason appear to not be announced to normal Singtel peers). I
don't think this was GX's fault actually, but I'm not sure if the issue
extended beyond 3549->7473.

At any rate this has nothing to do with MySQL faults or off-topic posts,
and it is venturing dangerously close to actually talking about routing
issues. We'd best change the subject to spam or botnets or something,
before somebody gets the wrong idea about this list. :)