ams-ix - worth using?

  • From: matthew zeier
  • Date: Wed Aug 23 17:49:35 2006

(I know little about AMS-IX and am still waiting for someone from there to get back to me...)

My NA bandwidth right now is ~200Mbps and about half of that appears to be EU destined. I'm opening an EU POP soon and am trying to figure out what sort of value AMS-IX would give me.

Does it simply provide an easy way to privately connect to transit and peers? Or can I also go crazy and peer with anyone who wants to peer (like in the olden day!) ?