Re: BGP unsupported capability code

  • From: Mike White
  • Date: Mon Aug 21 12:55:50 2006

I recently implemented BGP graceful restart capability in a custom BGP
app and encountered the same notification.  By looking at the
capabilities being advertised by the router, and advertising various
subsets of those capabilities, I narrowed it down to the MPLS
capability.  It turned out the router deemed MPLS capability as a
prerequisite for graceful restart.  Adding the MPLS IPv4 unicast
capability to the OPEN message along with the graceful restart
capability fixed things for me.

Hope this helps.
- Mike