Re: GTSM - Do you use it?

  • From: Pekka Savola
  • Date: Thu Aug 17 16:45:59 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, John Smith wrote:
I would like to know if operators use GTSM techniques with BGP and other routing protocols today? Is any at the perimeter of the routing domain deployed? I would believe that GTSM can provide protection against attacks more than a hop away and thus can save against a lot of potential Dos attacks.

Is anything done by the operators here?

We'd love to use it but unfortunately the J vendor doesn't support it very well even on T-series (if it supports it at all, not quite sure..).

Enhancement Requests haven't gotten through, but maybe gripes on nanog will :-(