Re: i am not a list moderator, but i do have a request

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Thu Aug 17 16:26:43 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:48:01PM -0500, Gadi Evron wrote:
> >
> > Paul, apparently, we are in disagreement! :)
> >
> > Botnets are an operational issue affecting most of every large carrier to
> > moms&pops service provider here.
> >
> > I believe a lot of the information about botnets, which is not that
> > complex, is behind held in secret for no reason, and I release it when
> > possible.
> > This is probably one of the more active and interesting discussions in the
> > past year which are ON-TOPIC.
>
> If this is all we have to talk about and it is on-topic, then NANOG has
> failed, and we need a new list where people can actually discuss network
> operations.

Who is stopping you? Either to raise subjects you deem apropriate, or to
start another list?

The fact this thread is more successful than most others is in my opinion
an indicator of interest. That said..

What's operational to some may not be operational to others. That said,
either raise a subnject, contribute to one, or ignore the ones youdon't
like unless they are declared off-charter.

No?

	Gadi.