Regulatory - North Americas - Internet Access

  • From: Ben Butler
  • Date: Tue Aug 15 11:19:35 2006

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help.

Could someone please point me in the direction of any legislation / regulations that would effect providers of "Internet access" (DSL & Metro Ethernet) services to residential and business customers located in the US and Canada.

Am I correct in my understanding that a Canadian registered company will also be able to sell services in the US because of NAFTA (and visa versa).  But that without a domestically registered company in the US or Canada (i.e. a UK company), this would cause problems, tax / financial or regulatory in provision of communication services in North America.

While we are on the subject we were looking at Bell Canada and New Edge for Wholesale DSL.  If there are other people think I should be looking at as well please private mail me.  Both the above are PoPed in Vancouver/Seattle and that is where I was looking to pick up the Wholesale Networks.

TIA

Kind Regards

Ben Butler
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
C2 Internet Ltd
Globe House
The Gullet
Nantwich
Cheshire
CW5 5RL
E mailto:[email protected]
W http://www.c2internet.net/
B http://c2internet.blogspot.com/
T +44-(0)845-658-0020
F +44-(0)845-658-0070

C2 Internet - company blog

All quotes & services from C2 are bound by our standard terms and conditions which are available on our website at:

http://www.c2internet.net/legal/main.htm#tandc