Re: [Full-disclosure] what can be done with botnet C&C's?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Sun Aug 13 15:37:54 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Michael Nicks wrote:

> attack, and mitigate/stop the traffic. I think it certainly is possible
> to accomplish this on a per-router level, but being able to have the
> devices communicate and share information between one another is a
> completely separate thing. (New protocol perhaps.)

reference TIDP ... which is like (sort of) Flow-Spec, only not piggybacked
upon BGP and with possibly some extra functionality wrt 'doing the right
thing' on each platform in question. Also, TIDP doesn't have to be tied to
a device that runs a routing protocol...

> The only real method that I really have in my toolkit to stop incoming
> DDoS on a AS-wide perspective is originating a /32 within an AS with a
> next-hop of a discard interface.

reference TIDP and FlowSpec (if you have 'discard interface' you already
have flow-spec)