Re: New Laptop Polices

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Fri Aug 11 22:46:40 2006

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Joseph S D Yao wrote:

Do modern laptops have disk drives that are that hard to remove?

one screw and 'pop' out comes all dell laptop harddrives... or boot from cd, usb->copy all data, slide back into case and move on to next.

you have 2 hours between baggage arrival and load-plane time so you do the
math! :)

I guess I mis-understood his intent. [1]

In any case, it occurred to me that in today's throw-away commodity computer world, why don't we return to those thrilling days of yesteryear where we expected the destination to have all the stuff we needed, pretty much? All the files on a central server (where, like the old central file room they will be safer) accessed from appliances installed everywhere like lights and telephones. Maybe give them a catchy name like "minitel" or something.

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio

http://members.cox.net/larrysheldon/