Re: mitigating botnet C&Cs has become useless

  • From: Arjan Hulsebos
  • Date: Wed Aug 09 17:39:27 2006

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:16:44 +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:
Arjan Hulsebos wrote:

The ones who've been mugged don't start mugging other people, infected PCs will infect other PCs. That's the difference, and that's why an ISP should do something about that. Although it may be out of fashion, I'd like to see good netizenship.
SPAM as other types of abuse is easiest to control closest to the
source, which in most cases means the consumer ISP providing the local
access for the user.

Exactly. We, the ISPs, are the friendly (or maybe not-so-friendly at times) neighborhood police officer. It's our network, we set the rules, and we enforce them.

Gr,

Arjan H