Re: SORBS Contact

  • From: Michael Nicks
  • Date: Wed Aug 09 17:09:14 2006

Doesn't really surprise me to be frankly honest. :) The way their requirements are structured, they remind me a lot of a state agency.

Best Regards,
-Michael

--
Michael Nicks
Network Engineer

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Michael Nicks wrote:

themselves and their obviously broken practices. We should not have to jump through hoops to satisfy your requirements.

We were hit by the requirement to include the word "static" in our DNS names to satisfy requirements. It wasn't enough to just say "this /17 is only static IPs, one customer, one IP, no dhcp or other dynamics at all), we actually had to change all PTR records to this arbitrary "standard".

Took several weeks to get delisted even after that.