Re: SORBS Contact

  • From: Michael Nicks
  • Date: Wed Aug 09 14:40:54 2006

Don't forget racketeering.

"A person who commits crimes such as extortion, loansharking, bribery, and obstruction of justice in furtherance of illegal business activities."

I think most network operators have learned about the ultra-liberal listing activities of RBLs these days.

-Michael

--
Michael Nicks
Network Engineer

Dean Anderson wrote:
SORBS is a well-known abusive/defamatory blacklist. In the US, that violates a number of state and federal laws:

1. defamation
2. illegal group boycott in violation of antitrust act
3. (usually) unauthorized blocking by ISP in violation of its
contract with its customer, which is a violation of the electronic communications privacy act.
4. There are frequently state laws that apply to electronic communications that are even more broad.

You _can_ make the US based ISP not use SORBS. Most ISPs know better,
already.

--Dean

See also http://www.iadl.org.

--Dean