Re: SORBS Contact

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Wed Aug 09 14:06:10 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Matthew Sullivan wrote:

> Sad state of affairs when ISPs are still taking money from spammers and
> providing transit to known criminal organisations.

Hey Mat.

You aren't wrong, but that doesn't absolve you of the responsibility to
de-list in an efficient manner when you have made a mistake, or if the
listing is no longer accurate (i.e. if all the spammers have been kicked
off the netblock in question.)

$DAYJOB lists spam filtering amongst the services we offer to our
clients. I know we're using you to block IPs at the firewall, and we're
probably also doing so at the server level. I am going to talk to my boss
and co-workers about the impact of removing SORBS from our DNSBL list,
because your replies lately have been snarky and completely
unprofessional, including the reply quoted above. (Yes. It sucks that
spammers are still spamming. So what?)

I don't know what your problem is, but you're not making things any better
by refusing to fix listings that aren't incorrect or, in some cases, never
were.

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, California     PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.