Re: Anyone else lost power at Fisher Plaza this afternoon?

  • From: chuck goolsbee
  • Date: Fri Aug 04 12:09:04 2006

If anyone else lost power at Internap's Fisher Plaza facility in Seattle this afternoon and have any info related to exact duration or cause please hit me back off-list.

Isn't this like the 2nd or 3rd event at Fisher of late?

Any answers Jonathan? Has Fisher owned up to the cause yet? I did not hear of any local grid issues (we're certainly NOT broiling up here like the rest of the country.)

The *rumor* I heard was some sort of bypass switch failure. Genset(s) running, but no juice being delivered... then the UPS' ran dry. Outage lasted 45-90-some minutes depending on where in the facility your gear was.

The above is all hearsay though, from some INAP customers I ran into yesterday.

--chuck

Murphy's revenge: The more reliable you make a system, the longer
it will take you to figure out what's wrong when it breaks.
 -- Sean Donelan  on NANOG, Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:28:22 -0500 (EST)