Re: Netgear wgt624 v3 (OT?)

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Fri Aug 04 10:30:50 2006

[email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Perhaps not the best place to ask but I thought I would ask here before possibly hitting Netgear (since you have to register) or BUGTRAQ.

My Netgear wgt624 v3 allows for port triggering. When I do that, it doesn't seem to work.

Port FORWARDING works fine. Port triggering appears completely broken in both their stable firmware and in their beta.

Anyone else experience this with their Netgear?

http://www.portforward.com/help/porttriggering.htm

I guess the problem is timing. Can you provide a continuous datastream
to trigger and keep the door open?

Portforwarding is much easier. I never got it working :)

Cheers Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier
Cesidian Root - Radice Cesidiana