Re: traffic from DE to DE goes via NL->UK->US->FR

  • From: Alexander Koch
  • Date: Fri Aug 04 10:04:31 2006

On Fri, 4 August 2006 14:57:48 +0100, Carlos Friacas wrote:
> ...but i guess in central europe (or in the central european internet -
> london/amsterdam/frankfurt/paris) you don't see that often... ;-)

Indeed not. In this case (I know the return route goes to GX
as well, but directly so, and then to the target network in
the most direct way) it might be just be a bad choice
(accidentally I presume) of the best path to a destination,
and that kinda happens it seems if you have several links
with a single provider. No clue why closest-exit is not done.

But then, what do I know, I can only guess here.

Alexander