RE: mitigating botnet C&Cs has become useless

  • From: Bora Akyol
  • Date: Thu Aug 03 18:46:43 2006

IMHO,

This is not a problem we can solve by adding:

a) technology (other than completely dumping the OS(s) that make this
possible)
b) manpower

I think it can be solved by reducing the margins in the miscreant
business line
or ideally having it have negative margins.

> I would suggest more specific attention by service providers
> specifically, and everyone in general, perhaps with more
> "abuse services" -related tracks at meetings like NANOG. :-)
>
> Or something along those lines...
<snip>

I think better to focus on the economics of the business as part of the
abuse track.