Re: Detecting parked domains

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Wed Aug 02 17:55:40 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 5:37 PM, Peter Dambier wrote:

How about creating a database domain(domain_owner,domain_name)
and then querying by domain_owner. If the guy has more than 100 he looks
like a squatter and can me manually looked at.
And if you are not famous?

I have over 100 domains on my personal web server. _NONE_ of them are parked, although not all have web pages (and of the ones that do, none have ads).

The personal name server I run (in a group of several name servers we run collectively) has approximately 1000 domains on it. I can't guarantee that there is not a single parked domain, but the overwhelming majority are not parked.

I doubt we're "famous". How are you going to be able to tell they aren't parked? Pull up the web page on a few domains to see what they look like? Check all 1000 manually? Half?

--
TTFN,
patrick