Re: Detecting parked domains

  • From: Roland Perry
  • Date: Wed Aug 02 16:35:09 2006

In article <[email protected]>, Jeremy Chadwick <[email protected]> writes
AFAICT, the main challenge is to define what "parked" means in the
context of your application.

It seemed quite obvious to me: he's talking about domain squatting. "Parking" is just a euphemism.

I have domains (and over time most of mine have once been in this condition) which I've registered (for me, and no speculation involved) but not yet got around to publishing a website for.

I also have several where the published (and useful) website is just one page (harking back to a previous suggestion for a test of parking).

None of my sites has ever had any advertising (nor are likely to).
--
Roland Perry