[email protected] writes:
I left for several hours and came back to the house stinking like burning
rubber. The new batteries are apparently melting the terminal rubber
insulation. I had to throw it back into bypass mode and unplug that pack
(the only one with new batteries!)
By "terminal rubber insulation" do you mean the insulation on the lugs
that bolt to the terminals on the batteries? If so, this is a sign
that you either didn't clean the contacts or didn't bolt them together
firmly. Those batteries need to be initially charged, and they draw a
lot of current when doing that... which heats up any kind of high
resistance connection in the chain.
Any ideas to the cause? The status screens looked ok. ("no bad
By the way, you probably ought to replace all the batteries in all
your packs regardless of what the battery status monitor says.