Re: mitigating botnet C&Cs has become useless

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Mon Jul 31 15:19:51 2006

----- Original Message Follows -----
From: Paul Vixie <[email protected]>

<http://fm.vix.com/internet/security/superbugs.html>
> for details. --

That's all fine and dandy until you consider the
international base of these things.  I'd like to see
"...jackbooted [US is implied in the text] government
thugs...kicking in a door somewhere and confiscating every
powered device and every living person in the building" in
China, an African country, Russia, or <insert country of
choice here>.  These things span continents and countries
and every time you cutoff the current head, it immediately
spawns another and not always in a country that cares.

scott