Re: Ultradns using anycast?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Thu Jul 27 13:37:39 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Jeffrey Sharpe wrote:

> Does anyone know if Ultradns uses anycast?  Or how to get someone at
> UltraDNS or PIR to take ownership of a issue and resolve it?

anycast for which parts of their services? If you google the nanog
archives you'll certainly see a bunch of questions related to anycast and
UDns. If you go to one of several looking glasses you can traceroute to a
single IP and see multiple paths/end-destinations, were it not for the
'slow' airport experience I'd try to do that on a sample tld1.ultradns.net
sorry I can't provide a bbit more visual example :(

Normally their support line/form is good, what sort of problem is it you
are having?