Re: final agenda for August 10th DA Workshop

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Sat Jul 22 03:43:19 2006

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 [email protected] wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:25:46 CDT, Gadi Evron said:
>
> > Please note, aside to bringing us all together, one of the main goals is
> > seeing the different perspectives and current operations of the different
> > sides of the fight.
>
> > The agenda is quite tight.
>
> Perhaps *too* tight.  When I was at Usenix SRUTI '05 last year, the single
> biggest problem with an otherwise good workshop was a lack of cross-pollination
> time.  And that schedule was nowhere *near* as tight, and fewer attendees.
>
> Remember that the hallway track of a conference is where much of the
> most interesting stuff happens:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=conference+%22hallway+track%22
>
> > 11:55 - 12:30 	Lunch break 	Got chow?
>
> Indicative of the problem.  3 hours of sessions, followed by only a half hour
> to eat *and* discuss (at SRUTI, it was an hour, lunch was provided, and it
> *still* wasn't enough time to eat and discuss as well). Then another 6 hours of
> sessions scheduled with only a 10 minute break.

You are, of course right.
You should keep in mind we all work with these issues on a daily bases for
a while now.
If any of us can't keep up with the brief to-the-point tech and strategy
talks, well.. oh well. The workshop itself is an open enviroment, with
food and driks served at one wall and free wireless access.

Further, you should keep in mind  most of us know each other well.

Not that it would change much, but there is another 10 minutes break later
in the day and the evening to discuss over beer. Plus a life-time to
continue on our respective lists.

That said, you are right and we will aim to do better next time. Just be
careful, because I fully intend to dump at least some of the work on your
shoulders next time. :)

	Gadi.