Re: final agenda for August 10th DA Workshop

  • From: Valdis . Kletnieks
  • Date: Sat Jul 22 00:12:28 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:25:46 CDT, Gadi Evron said:

> Please note, aside to bringing us all together, one of the main goals is
> seeing the different perspectives and current operations of the different
> sides of the fight.

> The agenda is quite tight.

Perhaps *too* tight.  When I was at Usenix SRUTI '05 last year, the single
biggest problem with an otherwise good workshop was a lack of cross-pollination
time.  And that schedule was nowhere *near* as tight, and fewer attendees.

Remember that the hallway track of a conference is where much of the
most interesting stuff happens:

http://www.google.com/search?q=conference+%22hallway+track%22

> 11:55 - 12:30 	Lunch break 	Got chow?

Indicative of the problem.  3 hours of sessions, followed by only a half hour
to eat *and* discuss (at SRUTI, it was an hour, lunch was provided, and it
*still* wasn't enough time to eat and discuss as well). Then another 6 hours of
sessions scheduled with only a 10 minute break.