Re: Deaggregation Disease

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Fri Jul 21 14:00:49 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Fergie wrote:

	It's not, people are just lazy and since "nobody owns the internet
man", or maybe "it's all a bunch of tubes" there's nobody to force people
to be good actors.  Perhaps it's time to bring back the old /19
filters that were started by sprint & such.

I was just thinking the same thing. :-)

As we push closer to the ipv4 route table limits of cisco's 6500/7600 series (with anything less than Sup720-3bxl), I suspect lots of networks are going to be forced to start doing some sort of filtering of routes beyond just refusing >24-bit networks or cisco's going to sell a lot more Sup720-3bxl's, FAN2 trays, and power supplies in the next year or two.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |